Tree Stump Removal in Maidstone
Site Clearance | Tree Surgery & Safety Regulations
When it comes to tree surgery, there is always some inherent risk. Be it working at height around a tree’s crown, performing a directional tree felling or using heavy-duty stump grinding machinery, our tree surgeons must always use safe working practices. At WM Tree Services, we understand the importance of ongoing training and improvement to ensure full and continued compliance with Health & Safety regulations.
From a complete tree stump removal to a site clearance, this makes our services safer for us, you, properties on and around your Maidstone land, as well as the general public.
With a comprehensive understanding of all safety measures pertaining to tree surgery, we create safe working environments. We also give our NPTC- and Lantra-certified tree surgeons the ideal platform to produce outstanding results. Without undue safety concerns, we can focus entirely on the job at hand.
Below, we have listed some of the HSE regulations our company adheres to on sites in Maidstone and the wider Kent area. By following these guidelines, our company plans, supervises and executes all work at height, stump grinding, tree stump removals and site clearances in a safe manner – or so far as is reasonably practical.
Safety Regulations for Our Tree Surgery Services
- Work at Height Regulations 2005 – These regulations underpin the majority of work we perform as tree surgeons. Put simply, they aim to prevent injury and death as a result of falling from height. By adhering to these standards, we ensure the essential equipment we use when working at height (harnesses, ladders) remains safe.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at Work Regulations 1992 – By following these regulations, we equip our Maidstone-based team with PPE that reduces the risk of injury during tree surgery work. Alongside industry training, this promotes safe use of the dangerous equipment used in crown work, tree stump removals and site clearances.
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 – These regulations place duties on us as a company that owns, controls and maintains working equipment. For WM Tree Services, this includes the chainsaws and stump grinding machines used by our tree surgeons. Strict adherence ensures safer use of such powerful machinery.
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 – This document places a duty on our company to assess, and then manage, the risks our team faces while on sites in Maidstone and across Kent. Following site inspections and risk assessments, we can create as safe a working environment as possible.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 – In short, these regulations seek to prevent or control exposure to substances that are hazardous to health. When it comes to tree surgery, stump grinding, tree stump removal and site clearance, this usually relates to by-products like sawdust and petrol fumes.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 – Many of the services we provide in Maidstone and the surrounding areas involve our tree surgeons working in and around a tree’s crown. For older or weaker trees, we may use a hydraulic lift to gain access. By complying with these regulations, we safeguard our team, properties surrounding the tree and the public.
Call 01622 297 131 or 07505 134 004 to discuss anything from tree stump removal to a commercial site clearance in Maidstone.